- Primera Red Rice
- Light soy sauce
- Ground pepper
- Oyster sauce
- Five-spice powder
- Chicken thighs, cut into small chunks
- Dark soy sauce
- Shitake mushroom
Cook Red Rice
- Wash 1 cup Primera red rice.
- Drain the water completely.
- Add in 2.5 cups water.
- Cook as usual.
- In a mixing bowl add in cut into 2 chicken thighs cut into small chunks, 2 tablespoons light soy sauce, ½ teaspoon ground pepper, ½ teaspoon five-spice powder, 1 tablespoon chopped ginger and 1 tablespoon oyster sauce.
- Mix it well and marinate for at least 30 minutes.
Preparation of Chicken Filling
- Heat up 2 tablespoons of oil with garlic on medium heat. When the garlic starts to sizzle a little, add in the marinated chicken thighs.
- Cooked the chicken for a few minutes.
- Add in 1 cup chopped scallion and 1 cup chopped mushroom. Mix well.
- Add in 2 cups cooked Primera Red Rice and ½ teaspoon Himalayan salt. Mix well.
- When the marinated chicken is about 3/4 cooked, add in 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce and ½ teaspoon organic sugar. Mix well.
Preparation of the Banana Wrapping
- Brush the banana leaves a thin layer of oil.
- Fill the oiled banana leaves with the chicken filling.
- Wrap and steam for 45 minutes.