It was estimated that 65% of the global population have lactose intolerance, who are not able to digest lactose present in all dairy products. For them, the symptom after consuming dairy products may include abdominal bloating and cramps, flatulence, diarrhea, nausea, borborygmi, or vomiting. If you are in the group of lactose intolerance, yet you like milks, here is an alternative.
- Primera red rice
- Cinnamon sticks or ground cinnamon
- Vanilla extract
- Drinking water
Prepare Primera red rice
- Wash 1 cup of Primera red rice.
- Soak overnight.
Prepare cinnamon red rice milk
- Drain the water from the soaked Primera red rice completely.
- Place 1 cup of soaked Primera red rice, 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon or 1 cinnamon stick, and 3 cups of drinking water (reduce water for thicker, creamier milk).
- Blend to obtain fine mixture.
- Filter the mixture through a fine sieve.
- Add in 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract or add to taste.
- Mix well and serve fresh or keep refrigerated.