- Primera red rice
- Skinless, bone-in chicken
- Green chili pepper
- Diced tomato (canned)
- Plain yogurt
- Coriander powder
- Cumin powder
- Red chili powder
- Garam masala
- Black pepper
- Himalayan salt
Cook Primera Red Rice
- Wash 1 cup Primera red rice
- Drain the water completely
- Add in 2 cups water
- Cook as usual
Prepare Karahi Chicken
- Heat up 3 tablespoons of ghee in a pan.
- Stir fry finely chopped onion (1 small-sized) and garlic (8 cloves) until fragrant.
- Add 3/4 inch crushed ginger and green chili peppers (to taste).
- Mix well.
- Add skinless, bone-in chicken and stir fry for 3 – 5 minutes.
- Add 1 can of diced tomatoes, 2 teaspoons of coriander powder, 1 teaspoon of cumin powder, 1 teaspoon of red chili powder and 1 teaspoon of Himalayan salt.
- Mix well and cook for 30 minutes.
- Add 1/4 cup of plain yogurt, 1 teaspoon of black pepper and 1/2 teaspoon garam masala.
- Mix well and cook for 3 minutes.
- Serve with Primera red rice, green chili pepper, julienned ginger and cilantro.