Red rice always goes very well with coconut milk because of its nutty taste. If you don’t like mango, you can change it to banana, papaya, durian or pineapple. You can even serve it cool.
- Primera red rice
- Coconut milk
- Brown sugar
- Himalayan salt
Prepare the rice
- Wash and soak 1 cup of Primera red rice for 1 hour.
- Drain the soaking water completely.
- In a pan or pot, add in 1 cup of soaked Primera red rice, 2.5 cups of water, 1 cup of coconut milk, 1/4 teaspoon of Himalayan salt and 1 tablespoon of brown sugar.
- Mix well.
- Bring to boil and simmer for 30 – 45 minutes or until the red rice is cooked.
Prepare the sauce
- In a pan or pot, add in 1 cup of coconut milk and 3 tablespoons of brown sugar.
- Mix well and cook for 5 minutes or become concentrated.
Assemble the bowl
- Place the red rice on a clean bowl.
- Top the red rice with mango cube.
- Drench with the prepared sauce.