Ingredients A (Pizza Crust)
Primera Rice – 3 cups, raw
Eggs – 3
Mozzarella cheese – 30 grams
Ingredients B (Sambal Sauce)
Big chilli – 180 grams
Dried chilli – 60 grams
Onion – 200 grams
Garlic – 30 grams
Pandan leaf – 15 to 20 leaves
Sugar – 75 grams
Salt – 8 grams
Belacan – 30 grams
Tamarind – 45 grams
Ingredients C (Toppings)
Anchovies, fried – 70 to 80 grams (or as preferred)
Peanuts, fried – 70 to 80 grams (or as preferred)
Eggs, fried, diced – As preferred
Japanese cucumber, sliced – Half the cucumber (or as preferred)
Prepare pizza crust, sambal sauce and toppings:
- Wash 3 cups of Primera Rice.
- Cook the rice in the rice cooker.
- Place cooked rice on a tray. Leave the rice to cool.
- Then, add eggs and mozzarella cheese to mix.
- Line a separate iron tray (46 cm x 33 cm) with parchment paper.
- Place the rice, egg and cheese mixture on the iron tray. Next, press the rice until it becomes flat.
- Now, bake the rice in the oven to form crust. Bake at 220 degree celsius for 20 minutes.
- Blend onion and garlic into paste.
- Soak dried chilli in water. Then, boil the chilli in water for 20 minutes. After boiling, blend it into paste.
- Blend the big chilli into paste as well.
- Pour onion and garlic paste into a pan and fry until golden brown. Next, add dried chilli paste for frying. After that, add big chilli paste for frying.
- Crush the belacan and add it into the paste mixture for further frying.
- Next, add sugar and salt for flavor.
- Add pandan leaves too.
- Mix tamarind in water and add it to the paste as well.
- Continue frying the sambal until it forms thick paste.
Finally, assemble the pizza:
- Spread the sambal onto the pizza crust.
- Put the pizza back into the oven. Bake at 220 degree celsius for 5 minutes.
- Top the pizza with Ingredients C.
- Savour the pizza!
The recipe and image of nasi lemak pizza (mild), named as Silent Kicker is a contribution of UCSI University students, specifically the PIZ3ARRE Team in conjunction with WOW Food Fair 2018. The team members of this recipe are:
- Chai Wai Quan
- Siti Nor Hashimah Binti Hj Ali Hashim
- Vishnuprriya A/P Ganeson
- Wong Min Yi
- Tabarek Najeeb Zaidan
- Teo Jun Lai
- Liew Hui Ling
- Eugenie Chew
- Yeo Hui Kia
Minor editing was done by the website editor for the purpose of public reading.