- Primera Red Rice
- Olive oil
- Minced beef
- Onion powder
- Tomato paste
- Corn kernels
- Green onion
- Bell pepper
- Mozzarella cheese
- Sour cream
Cook Red Rice
- Wash 1 cup Primera red rice.
- Drain the water completely.
- Add in 2.5 cups water.
- Cook as usual.
Preparation of Beef Rice
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over high heat, add minced garlic and chopped.
- Stir fry until fragrant.
- Add in 350 grams minced beef and cook, breaking it up as you go, until it’s all changed from pink to brown.
- Add 1 teaspoon paprika, 1 tablespoon oregano, 2 teaspoons cumin, 2 teaspoons coriander, and 1½ teaspoons onion powder. Mix well.
- Stir in tomato ½ cup tomato paste.
- Add 1 cup corn kernels and cooked 1 cup Primera Red Rice. Mix well.
- Stir in ½ cup water, ¼ cup chopped green onion.
Fill and Bake
- Using a small knife, cut around the top of the bell peppers.
- Spoon half the filling into the prepared capsicums.
- Top with half the shredded mozzarella cheese, then fill to top with remaining beef rice.
- Place bell peppers lids back on.
- Bake at 200oC for 30 minutes.
- Serve together with sour cream.