- Primera red rice
- Wheat flour
- Dried shrimp
- Yellow onion
- Five spice powder
Prepare Flour Mixture
- Blend the Primera red rice into fine powder
- Add ½ cup of wheat flour and ½ litre of water to the Primera Red rice powder.
- Blended to obtain fine mixture.
Prepare Yam Cake
- Sauté ¼ cup of dried shrimp and ¼ cup of yellow onion until fragrance.
- Add 1.5 cups of yam (cut into cubes) and mix well.
- Pour in the prepared flour mixture.
- Add in ½ liter of water slowly into to the mixture.
- Add ½ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon pepper and ½ teaspoon five spice powder. Mix well.
- Steam for 45 minutes.
- Serve warm. Garnished with your desired toppings.