Primera Rice – 1 cup, uncooked
Cashew nuts – 2 tablespoons
Golden raisins – 2 tablespoons
Garlic – 1 clove, pounded
Salted butter – 2 tablespoon, flat
- Rinse Primera Rice, drain it and set it aside.
- Heat a tablespoon of salted butter in a pan. Once it melts and becomes hot, fry cashew nuts until they turn gold. Set the cashew nuts aside.
- Using the same butter, fry the golden raisins. Immediately remove the golden raisins when they swell.
- Now, add one more tablespoon of salted butter to the pan. Heat it. Fry the pounded garlic for not more than three seconds. Another alternative is fry the pounded garlic just until it smells fragrant.
- Immediately, add the damp Primera Rice to the pan. Stir until the rice smells toasty. This step lets the flavour from garlic, cashew nuts and raisins to infuse into the rice.
- Now, add two cups of water to a pot and bring it to boil. Add the toasted Primera Rice. Turn the heat knob to low. Let it cook for 10 minutes with lid on.
- After 10 minutes, add fried cashew nuts and golden raisins. Do not stir. Cook the rice mixture with lid on until the water is absorbed.
- Now, fluff the rice to bring the nuts and raisins to a even mixture with the rice. Serve Butter Primera Rice with chicken kurma and stir fried green beans.