Antioxidant rich, low GI Primera Red Rice– 2 cups, raw, washed and drained
Palm sugar – 1 block 0r 125 grams
Table sugar – 1/2 cup
Water – 6 to 8 cups
Coconut milk – 2 cups
Durian – 5 cloves
- Boil 6 cups of water. Then, add Primera Rice to the boiling water.
- Bring the water and rice mixture to boil. This will take about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Once the mixture boils, reduce the heat. Let the rice cook.
- After 20 to 25 minutes, add in palm sugar and table sugar. Add 2 cups of water as well to ensure the right thickness of the porridge. Stir the mixture until the sugar dissolve.
- Then, add coconut milk and durian. Turn the heat off immediately when the porridge is about to boil. This will prevent the coconut milk from curdling.
- When there is need for dessert, enjoy this easy antioxidant rich, lower GI durian porridge.