Primera Rice – 2 cups, cooked
Shredded coconut (or kerisik for Nasi Ulam to last longer) – 1 tablespoon
Dried shrimp – 1 teaspoon
Dried fish – 1 stripe, 5 cm
Oil – for deep frying
Lemongrass (serai) – 1 stalk, tender part
Torch ginger flower (bunga kantan) – 5 cm
Turmeric (kunyit) – 2 cm, peeled
Galangal (lengkuas) – 1 cm, peeled
Kaffir lime leaves (daun limau purut) – 3, midrib removed
Thai basil leaves (daun selasih) – 1/2 cup
Centella leaves (daun pegaga) – 1/2 cup
Mint leaves (daun pudina) – 1/4 cup
Ground black pepper – a dash
Brown sugar – 1/4 teaspoon
Salt – to taste
- Ingredients A
- Deep fry the dried fish and followed by the dried shrimps.
- Pound them. Then, use fork to floss as finely as possible.
- Now, toss the flossed fish and shrimp with the rice and shredded coconut.
- Ingredients B
- Thinly slice the lemon grass and torch ginger flower into rounds.
- Mince the turmeric.
- Cut the galangal into fine rectangle strips.
- Finely slices the kaffir lime, Thai basil, centella and mint leaves into long pieces. Mince the tender part of the thai basil, centella and mint stalks as well.
- Now, toss the ingredients B with with the premixed rice made of ingredients A.
- Add a dash of ground pepper and sprinkle brown sugar. Salt is optional. Toss again.
- Aromatic Nasi Ulam made up of Primera Rice is ready.