Antioxidant rich, low GI Primera Red Rice – 1 cup, raw, washed and tossed
Cane sugar – 100 gm
Water – 9 cups
Evaporated milk – 1 cup
Screwpine (pandan) leaves – 2
Sago pearls – 2 cups
- In a pot, add 4 cups of water and 1 cup of rice. Heat the mixture to boil. This will take about 3 to 4 minutes.
- After that, add sago pearls and cane sugar.
- After 20 minutes, add 5 cups of water to the mixture.
- Stir the mixture continuously for another 20 minutes. This will prevent the mixture from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Then, add evaporated milk and screwpine leaves. When the mixture starts simmering, turn the heat off.
- Cool the dessert in the refrigerator.
- Now, cold and milky rice pudding is ready for you.